Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Roommates, test chairs, tree roots and 'that time of the month'



Even princesses have bad days, in fact I think they have more of them. And they whine about them more too, that's how they become 'princesses'. Or at least that's how I was crowned. Luckily they are somewhat lovable so they aren't lonely princesses, at least most of the time.


I'm not quite sure how lovable I've been the last few days, especially if you asked my poor roommate, whom I've barely seen yet has still managed to bear the most of my 'royal' temper, funny that. The sad thing is he hasn't real done anything wrong, or at least differently then usual, I have just had no patience for him whets so ever, and have no excuse for it at all except that I have my period, and have felt all that social. So really nothing to do with him at ALL! He hasn't even been around, he's been working extra overtime so I see him for a very short time between when he gets home and when he goes to bed. I'm just acting like a "princess" to put it very politely. And I do feel bad or I wouldn't be writing about it at all.

Some times when I get into funks like these I can pin point reasons, like I'm in so much pain, or I'm so stressed out, or I'm not happy with my life, or I'm lonely and feeling locked up. Well I am in a little bit of pain, but it is a lot less pain then I have had in awhile, except for my lower back which is discover long lost muscles. Who would have thought practicing wheelies in my test chair, would help strengthen core muscles that I'll need to start learning how to stand up again, let alone walk. Crazy. Anyways back to the topic...I'm quite happy with my life, I love my boyfriend very much and though he isn't perfect,( but who is?) he makes me joyful, fills my heart with joy. There are stresses in my life but they seem easier to cope with, or that I finally have ways of coping with them, so I don't feel so lost, I feel like I can sort them out and move on.
I guess everything just sort of fell into a peaceful lull, of which I am DEFINITELY not accustom too and I decided to become a spoiled brat for a few days. Would it help if I explained that my 25th Birthday is coming up next week? I am so excited for it, like I am about all birthdays, but I might be pushing my 'it's my birthday and I can cry if I want too' limits a little to far. At least where my roommates concerned anyways...

But I do have my test chariot..er wheelchair, and for the most part it's great! I was at a park on the weekend and was rolling all over the grass and over tree roots and even starting to learn how to balance wheelies...Not so good at that yet. But I have the baby walkers on still for a very good reason. I think I would have flipped over a dozen times by now. I have a tendency to overextend so I end up doing wheelies at the silliest times, like going up hills, and over stuff. And I have very little control over my wheelies so you can see where this is going. But the reason I brought up the baby walkers was to tell you when they aren't such a good thing. They aren't a good thing when you are happily riding over tree roots going "weeeeeeee" and then they get stuck on a set that's just perfectly their height. So your sitting there creating skid marks in the dirt feeling dumb because two seconds ago you were showing off and now you are quite and hopelessly stuck and need a friend to bale you out. Thank goodness for friends...Who only laugh at you in the most lovingly of ways. I also took the chair out for a spin by myself today. I took my usual route downtown and was having a great little ride, and I was amazed because it took very little effort to move around, unlike my other beast which had my arms aching after half a block. In fact the hardest thing was getting back into my apartment, different chair... Different dynamics. And the best part was that I found some paperback novels I had been looking for at the used book store!

see I really am the paperback princess...And a dork, who turns 25 in ONE WEEK!!!! Remember that it's important! At least I think so...

oh and thanks to everyone who has said nice comments about this site, I hope you keep liking what you read.

1 comment:

Lana said...

You wheeled to Jasper Ave? You rock, girl!