Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Dance Dance!

For the last few months I have been very busily working on dancing in my very first integrated dance. And on January 26 and 27 it all came to a rewarding end, with two successful performances in the U of A Orchesis Production of Motif, the U of A's yearly Dance collaboration. Many of the pieces were just beautiful, and many people approached me from the audience touched by our particular performance, and other people couldn't believe we actually used chairs full time. I think the reactions we got were almost as fun as being involved in the whole production.

So instead of writing more I am just going to post a few links for you to browse that show our progression from rehearsal to tech rehearsal to final performance. Keep in mind that it was just a digital camera who taped these so they aren't the best quality, but they do give you an idea of what the dance looked like.

In the Studio:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3zKax5WqmA

Tech Rehearsal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q-o1jzU8us

Final Performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqg6BTF1Uj8

enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was so awesome! I'm jealous about your abilities!

The Paperback Princess said...

I am really glad you enjoyed our performance. Have you looked into wheelchair or integrated dance programs in your area? We just started a pilot project in Edmonton and I know other programs do exist. I believe it's something that anyone can learn to do if they are interested enough, my first wheelchair dance expierence was in October! So if you want, please do some research for me and see if you can find anything. I'm curious to see what you will find!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.