Thursday, November 02, 2006

Definitley Not an Ice Princess

really really not a fan of ice....

So I am sorry to report that winter has officially set in. Winter Jackets, gloves scarves and sweaters have all come out of hiding and my chair brings lots of muck with it from the outside. I love my winter jacket and my scarf. I really need new winter gloves because my fingers are freezing off when I'm outside, but that is also fixable. My only complaint really is that my current chair sucks period. It is awful trying to wheel through sludge and snow and ice, and do you think people EVER properly shovel the sidewalks? HELL NO! Oh and people think that it's polite to start pushing me. Instead it scares the hell out of me. I'm already irritated about winter taking away some of my security outdoors, and when some unknown person starts pushing me they not only are violating my personal space but they are further enabling me. I don't want to be dependent on someone to push me. or have it appear that i need it. My life is filled with so many amazing things right now. and I'm working on so many projects that are very important to me, and I'm in two wheelchair dance classes that are just an incredibleexperience. I feel free and like the world is my oyster for almost the first time in my life. So i may get a little bitter at anything that threatens to take that away from me.


However instead of sitting here being miserable about the snow like i have in years past, I started baking. So far i made a brownie cake, and banana bread. There's a pumpkin loaf recipe that looks really appealing i might try next. The oven keeps my house warm and baking is a nice distraction. And my friends aren't complaining. My belly might start so i need to make sure i don't eat to much of what i bake. I promised the OT who helped order my new chair i wouldn't gain any significant amount of weight so i could still fit in the chair. As good a reason as any to stay slim i guess.


So while i am not a fan of winter I'm not going to let it get the best of me, and I'll just keep busy until spring only 8 months away.....the winters are way too long here.


Happy Winter!

1 comment:

Lana said...

I think I want your banana bread recipe! I love it, but don't have a recipe to try baking it!

I know the winter is hard--it is for me too, but we will get through it, and you will have your chair very soon! That will make a difference!